Join us on sample date
ABOUT TEAM SIERRA™
Team Sierra is the fundraising program for the Sierra Club. 34,468 people have created a fundraiser or donated to a campaign to raise money for the planet.
You can join Team Sierra by picking something you love – running, dancing, biking, hiking, baking, or even using an upcoming celebration like your birthdays to ask for donations! Or you can join one of our annual events, like the 1.5 Degree Challenge, Earth Month, or City Hike.
When you join Team Sierra, you are part of the nation's largest and most effective grassroots environmental organization, and you help fund the Sierra Club's climate action and environmental justice work.
Fundraising for the Sierra Club is easier than ever. Through emails, social media posts, and other creative ideas, and with the help of our fundraising coaches, toolkit, and community, people have raised on average $250. We're here to help!
We are glad you are here. Welcome! Let's get started!
Today, there are serious challenges ahead: a warming climate, unprecedented levels of pollution, and powerful special interests undermining basic protections. There’s no time to waste in coming together for new solutions—which is why the Sierra Club is bringing people together to build the most powerful and effective environmental movement the world has ever seen.
The Sierra Club is the most enduring and influential grassroots environmental organization in the United States. We amplify the power of our millions of members and supporters to defend everyone’s right to a healthy world. Join us.
The crisis may feel daunting, but we can do something about it. There's many challenges ahead, but the funds you raise will help support our work in 2022 to advance climate action.
- We will continue to urge Congress to pass 100% Clean Energy Standards. Our goal is to achieve at least 80% clean, carbon-pollution-free-electricity in the power sector by 2030 and 100% by 2035.
- We have a once-in-a-generation chance to pass transformational reforms that will protect the freedom to vote and advance democracy.
- Moving to a clean energy future means repealing the billions of dollars in special interest fossil fuel subsidies.
- 80% of Americans favor replacing lead pipes to secure clean water, and we have a goal to replace 100% of lead pipes.
- To reduce the energy burden for low-income families, our goals include spurring investments in energy efficient upgrades for low-income, and particularly Black, families ensuring these households pay no more than 6%.
- Due to the prior administration's rollback of EPA regulations, we plan an aggressive push to reverse these rollbacks and strengthen rules to reduce pollution and address climate emissions.
- The Gulf Coast has the largest concentration of fossil fuel facilities in the country, so we will be expanding on our work to contest fracked gas export terminals in the Gulf.
- Current laws continue to fall short in protecting Americans from toxic chemicals in our food, air, and drinking water. We will push for regulations on toxic chemicals.
- Fresh water will become more scare due to continual droughts and more pollution from toxic chemicals. We plan to collaborate with a diverse coalition to address equitable access to clean water.
- We strongly support the efforts to protect 30% of lands and waters in the US by 2030 -- otherwise known as 30x30. Protecting more green space and water will help fight the climate crisis, and we are committed to this promise.