Are you Smitten with the Mitten?
This Earth Day I'm supporting the Sierra Club and joining their national Every Corner of the World hike. For the last 125 years Sierra Club has been doing amazing things to protect the natural environment, which as you know, is facing more threats than ever. Whatever your political beliefs, I think we can all agree we love the Great Lakes! And we want our children and their children to have a chance to experience their beauty just as we did. So I'll be celebrating My Corner of the World by taking a hike on April 22.
What you can do:
1. Donate! Donate whatever amount you can here on our page. Our goal is $500 but I bet we can surpass that. If we hit our stretch goal of $750 at least 2 days before the hike I will treat all hikers to a special surprise!
2. Hike with us! On April 22 at 11am we will be hiking at Stony Creek Metropark. Bring your kids. Bring your friends. Bring your pets. We will be doing the shorter .5 mile Reflection trail (red on map) because, ya know, babies. But feel free to extend your hike and do one of the longer trails.
Where: Stony Creek Metropark, 4300 Main Park Dr, Shelby Township, MI
When: Saturday, April 22, 11:00am
Meet Up Location: Parking Lot @ the head of the "Nature Trails" -- See Link to Map: metroparks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/StonyCreekParkMap.pdf
You'll enter the park at the main park entrance @ 26 Mile Road & Shelby, then drive north through the park for 3 miles. Reference the map for more info.
The funds you donate will enable the Sierra Club to do things like:
• Provide cleaner, cheaper, energy.
• Protect our land, water, and air – from our backyards to the other side of the globe.
• Save animals being threatened with extinction.
• Make the outdoors accessible for all of us.
As part of #TeamSierra, we have a collective goal to raise $10,000 for Earth Day. Will you help by making a donation?
If you'd like to learn more about their mission, you can check out sierraclub.org, or participate in their campaigns at addup.org!
Thanks so much!